IATP has an immediate need for a full-time Agriculture and Climate Specialist to help lead and contribute to the Institute’s work related to climate, renewable energy and agriculture. The Specialist will work to advance climate friendly and sustainable renewable energy projects and policies at multiple levels, ranging from involvement and support for specific project work on the ground to coordinating organizational initiatives and networks engaged at the national and international levels. The successful candidate will have significant expertise in the area of agriculture and climate, very strong writing, analytical and communication skills, and the ability to coordinate work and people.
- Coordinate IATP organizational climate and agriculture initiatives.
- Manage specific IATP climate, renewable energy (including biofuels) and agriculture projects, including the newly created Rural Climate Network.
- Participate in research, analysis, policy development and advocacy efforts
- Supervise interns, and potentially staff, as needed
- Support communications through the news media, social media and IATP websites, as well as written reports and analyses
- Represent IATP publicly
- Participate in fundraising and reporting
- Understanding of agriculture and rural communities
- Background in agriculture, climate science and/or renewable energy
- 3-5 years experience working professionally on sustainable agriculture and/or climate issues
- Excellent communication, public speaking, writing, analytical, and project management skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and constructively with a diversity of colleagues and stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and take initiative while meeting agreed upon goals and deadlines
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel
- Solid computer skills
- Masters degree or equivalent work in in agriculture, climate science, public policy or related fields preferred.
Compensation for this position is based on qualifications and experience. IATP offers excellent health insurance, vacation and sick leave benefits and a lively, creative work environment at our office in Minneapolis, MN.
APPLICATION: Send resume and cover letter to IATP Human Resources at email@example.com. The deadline for applications is February 25th, 2013, or when filled.