- Ensures compliance with North American antitrust and competition laws.
- Partners with the SVP Sales and his leadership team, as well as the North American Food Service leadership team.
- Responsible for keeping management abreast of significant decisions, legislation and governmental regulatory rulings that may affect company’s sales, trade spending and competition policies
- Provide day-to-day legal support for the approximately 6,100-member North American Direct Store Delivery (DSD), Warehouse and Food Service Sales Force.
- Provide legal oversight to the Sales Finance Team in charge of administering the $1 billion-plus Biscuit trade spending budget to ensure legal compliance with U.S. antitrust and Canadian anti-competition law.
- Provide general legal support to U.S. and Canadian Food Service businesses.
- Provide antitrust advice and compliance training to the broader North American Sales Force organization (including Food Service) on matters including Fair & Equitable Treatment principles, Meeting Competition guidelines, trade spending, bracket pricing.
- Assist the Sales Force Leadership Team in developing antitrust compliant sales policies and ensuring the fair administration of those policies.
- Negotiate contracts with Food Service and Retail customers, brokers and distributors.
- Review trade materials, trade advertising, co-marketing programs, promotions, customer-directed communication, pricing decisions, and selling stories for content, accuracy and antitrust compliance.
- Provide support to Chief Counsel – Canada on Canadian-specific sales matters.
- Provide support to NA M&A and corporate governance projects
- Contributes to both the Regional and Global law department by working with other regional counsel on developing competition law policies, sharing best practices, etc.
- JD Degree from an accredited law school and top academic credentials
- 7-10 years of experience, including significant in-house or government agency experience pertaining to antitrust compliance,
- prior major law firm experience preferred.
- Strong antitrust and sales transaction experience, Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry experience preferred.
- Excellent management skills and business judgment with a capacity to make decisions and give reasoned, competent advice that demonstrates an understanding of overall business objectives and the risks/rewards of each situation.