EuroGroup for Animals is looking to fill the position of Policy Officer, Sustainable Farming, which will report to the Executive Officer Policy. The Policy Officer will provide policy support to Eurogroup and to Eurogroup’s member organizations, to lobby EU institutions and stakeholders and carry out part of Eurogroup’s Farm Animal activities in order to meet the organisation’s objectives.
- Will be fluent in English, with at least one other EU language, ideally French and/or German;
- Ideally have a scientific background (vet, zoology, agriculture);
- Strong track record of lobby experience from an NGO perspective;
- Demonstrated knowledge of EU public affairs;
- Have a technical and commercial understanding of the issues, practices and strategy in Sustainable livestock production;
- Will be a good communicator both orally and in writing with good strategic influencing skills and an ability to provide a compelling case for action to motivate and enthuse politicians, consumers, NGOs and other stakeholders;
- Will be realistic about what is achievable but have the flexibility and maturity to proactively translate policy and strategy into action and into results;
- Strong team player who can interact with other policy officers who work on related policies;
- Brussels-based with occasional travel within Europe.
- Identify, in conjunction with the Executive Officer Policy, prioritised and time-bound objectives for sustainable farming in various policy areas;
- Manage and be responsible for given technical areas of work related to farm animals;
- Develop a strong network of contacts including key politicians, NGOs in particular, consumers and other stakeholders, including retailers in order to influence effectively;
- Promote animal welfare as an essential element of sustainable development and Corporate Social Responsibility with key stakeholders;
- Coordinate the development of position papers and assist member organisations in activities at EU level;
- Manage and co-ordinate projects and ensure delivery on time;
- Monitor legislative developments in the area of farm animals, including voluntary standards, consumer preferences, labelling and information;
- Influence the development of ISO standards on animal welfare;
- Monitor and influence the integration of animal welfare criteria in Green Public Procurement.
Employment Contract:Full-time, unlimited employment contract under Belgian legislation.
Competitive remuneration and benefits package.
Application ProcedureTo apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post along with your curriculum vitae, both in English, in confidence by email only to Edith Pierron at email@example.com. Please also state your remuneration requirements in strictest confidence.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: Friday 18th January 2013 (23:00)