- Provide advice on significant tribal justice matters and assist in policy and legislative development and review.
- Provide advice to OTJ leadership on Department components litigating, protecting or otherwise addressing Native American rights and/or related issues.
- Review proposed legal actions submitted by divisions that require OTJ approval or coordination.
- Perform legal research on assigned questions or law or policy and prepare reports and memoranda.
- Assist in coordinating with attorneys and officials of the Department, other government agencies, and interested parties to provide guidance and advice to ensure compliance with statutory, regulatory and policy requirements.
- Assist in maintaining liaison with federally recognized tribes, and work with the appropriate federal, tribal, state, and local officials, professional associations, and public interest groups.
- Develop, coordinate and execute special projects as assigned by the Director or the Deputy Directors.
Friday, July 11, 2014
Office of Tribal Justice, Attorney Advisor
Office of Tribal Justice (OTJ)
Announcement #: OTL-ATY-0114
Application Deadline: August 1, 2014
Posted: 07/09/2014 03:04 PM EDT
OTJ is seeking an experienced attorney to serve as Attorney Advisor to provide counsel and assistance to the Director and senior staff. OTJ attorneys:
View the full posting here.