Friday, January 30, 2015
University of Maryland: Lecturer
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND
COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE AND NATURAL RESOURCES
INSTITUTE OF APPLIED AGRICULTURE (IAA)
Position Number: 01271044
Category Status: Faculty Professional Track, Term Contract
Unit: AGNR-Institute of Applied Agriculture
Position Summary/Purpose of Position:
The Institute of Applied Agriculture (IAA) invites applications for a 9-month Lecturer to teach and develop agricultural entrepreneurship, leadership, and business management courses. The IAA is a 60-credit academic certificate program in the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources at the University of Maryland, College Park. The IAA provides students with the entrepreneurial, management, and technical skills needed to successfully operate sustainable domestic agricultural enterprises including golf courses, sports fields, landscape companies, and farming operations. This is a renewable, professional track, 9-month appointment. Continuing appointment will be based on performance and student enrollment. The University of Maryland, College Park, MD, is a Land Grant institution located in suburban Washington, DC.
· Teach 3-4 undergraduate courses per semester during the academic year. Primary teaching responsibilities in the area of agricultural business, entrepreneurship and leadership may include such courses as Business Operations, Business Management, Agricultural Math, Introduction to Finance, Agricultural Marketing, Computer Applications and new courses developed
· Develop leadership and entrepreneurship courses and hybrid delivery methods
· Coordinate with IAA Advisors and Director to advance and promote the program
· Advise and mentor IAA students and develop industry connections
· Participate in department decision-making, strategic planning, and recruitment
· Continuously develop and update curriculum and instructional materials, and integrate assessment activities and best teaching practices into classes
· MBA or Master's degree in agricultural business management, entrepreneurial studies, agricultural education, leadership, or related discipline.
· Teaching experience, preferably at the post-secondary level.
· The key person will demonstrate excellence in teaching.
· Experience in agricultural production or operation of agricultural enterprise.
Salary& Benefits: Salary will be commensurate with experience.
A complete application packet includes a Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Transcripts (copy acceptable for application process); Contact information of three (3) professional references. All candidates must apply online athttps://jobs.umd.edu for position 01271044. The effective start date is .
Closing Date: Review of applications will begin . However, applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled.