ASSOCIATE COUNSEL, LIVESTOCK MARKETING ASSOCIATION
KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI
Job Description: Assists Livestock Marketing Association (LMA) and its members with legal inquiries related to Packers and Stockyard Act requirements and other business-related legal issues. Assists in government and industry affairs activities for the LMA.
- Works with out-of-house counsel to respond to LMA-member questions about market-related legal and compliance issues.
- Develops educational training materials for LMA-membership relating to legal issues.
- Works with Region Executive Officers to provide state-specific training materials.
- Legal research.
- Assists Vice President of Government and Industry Affairs in representing LMA’s interest before U.S. Congress and Executive Branch departments and agencies, including the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Grain Inspection, Packers and Stockyards Administration, and USDA’s Animal & Plant Health Inspection Service.
- Manages fundraising for LMA Political Action Committee.
- Develops and executes grassroots advocacy plan engaging LMA members with their elected officials.
- Reviews proposed policy for its potential impact on the marketing sector.
The following knowledge and skills are required:
- Law degree
- Demonstrated knowledge of/experience in the livestock industry
- Legal research skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Please send cover letter and resume to Chelsea Good, VP of Government and Industry Affairs, email@example.com, 816-305-9540.