Department Of Agriculture - Washington, DC
The Risk Management Agency (RMA) serves America's agricultural producers through effective, market-based risk management tools and solutions to strengthen the economic stability of agricultural producers and rural communities by providing World Class agricultural risk management products, tools, education and outreach. RMA strives to be a high-performance and inclusive workplace by promoting an environment of diversity, inclusion and respect. You will receive on-the-job training intended to further develop your talent, skills, and abilities in Federal service.
This position is assigned to Public Affairs Branch, External Affairs Division, Office of the Administrator, Risk Management Agency (RMA), Washington, DC.
* Develops and writes basic outreach materials including news releases, feature articles for magazines and trade papers, radio and television scripts, and other materials suitable for distribution to the media.
* Develops and clears press releases, speeches, Congressional testimony, and a variety of informational materials including background material and supporting data for the Office of the Administrator.
* Writes and critiques speeches, talking points, and other materials for Agency officials on a wide range of topics.
* Provides advice and consultation to Agency officials in planning public information activities, including recommending specific approaches to meet individual needs.
* Analyzes information program materials and provides assistance to regional office personnel relative to procedures and techniques involved in preparing material for presentation to a variety of audiences to include PowerPoint presentations, instructions, and suggestions on poster papers for conferences and exhibits, etc.
* Participates in the development of online (digital) campaigns.
* Schedules interviews and other avenues for the dissemination of appropriate information to RMA's customer base and the general public.
* Develops and edits stories about the Agency and its programs for the RMA employee newsletter and the internet.
* If skilled, many provide translation of English documents into a secondary language and be called on for interpreter assistance with farmers and ranchers who speak with limited English proficiency.
Apply at: usajobs.gov.