focuses on growing healthy children, families, and community through
educational programs in a 1.5 acre garden and orchard. The organization has a
staff of four and up to eight seasonal interns.
Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be
responsible for the successful leadership and management of this dynamic
organization. The successful candidate will exhibit strong communication,
financial management, and fundraising skills.
• Responsible for successful execution of operations and the implementation of
the strategic plan.
• Communicate with the Board of Directors regarding matters of governance and
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and properly
maintain official records
• Maintain confidential information concerning employees, donors, volunteers,
participants and uphold a high standard of confidentially and ethics
throughout the organization.
• Responsible for the financial well-being of the organization.
• Develop a comprehensive annual operating budget and a plan to meet income
and expense goals.
• Maintain sound financial practices, including healthy cash flows, strong
internal financial controls,
and ethical use of funds and resources.
• Work with the Associate Director to maintain fiscal record keeping
• Create and implement a fundraising plan to meet annual budget goals and grow
• Sustain relationships with current donors including, individuals,
foundations, corporations, and
• Seek new funding opportunities and build new relationships with potential
• Secure funding that will allow both short term and long term organizational
goals to be met.
• Apply for, manage, and report on all grants received according to each
Operations and Staff Management
• Responsible for the recruitment, hiring, and supervision, of all staff
• Partner with each staff member to create annual goals for their respective
measures, a plan to meet annual goals and opportunities for professional
• Work with employees to oversee the planning, implementation, and evaluation
of the organization's
programs and services.
• Manage contracts with companies providing employee benefits and represent
all employees and the
best interest of the organization when making decisions regarding benefits.
• Communicate and enforce organizational policies with employees, interns, and
• Oversee management and maintenance of YGP site, including all assets, and
off-site intern housing.
• Ensure compliance with all elements of current site lease.
Marketing & Public Relations:
• Develop and implement a marketing and branding plan that shares YGP’s story
with stakeholders and potential donors locally, regionally, and nationally.
• Strengthen the organizational brand through marketing and communications.
• Establish positive working relationships and collaborative arrangements with
funders, businesses and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the
• Ensure that the mission, vision, core values, and programs are represented
to parents, agencies,
organizations, partners, government entities, and the general public.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and four years experience in a
• Three years fundraising experience, including securing gifts from individual
and foundations both locally and nationally.
• Proven ability to increase organization’s income streams through identifying
and securing new
donors and grants.
• Marketing and Public Relations experience with proven success in creating a
marketing campaign to
reach organizational goals.
• Experience with QuickBooks, facilitating budgets, and effectively creating
and using reports to
monitor financial activity.
• Strong, collaborative leader and team builder who can foster a healthy and
productive work environment, with experience successfully managing full-time
• Highly organized with ability to manage and prioritize multiple
• Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Position Details and Benefits
This is a full-time, year-round position. Evening and weekend hours will be
required for some events, programs and meetings. Salary commensurate to
experience. Benefits include paid vacation and sick leave, group health
insurance plan, and IRA. Estimated Start Date: April 24, 2017
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for
three professional references to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the
position is filled.
For more information visit: www.youthgardenproject.org/beinvolved.