NATURAL RESOURCES DEFENSE COUNCIL (NRDC) - WASHINGTON, DChttp://www.nrdc.org
Job Type: LAW RELATED POSITIONS
Schedule Type: Full Time
NRDC is seeking a Senior Advocate or Attorney to work with our energy team based in Washington, DC but the focus of the work will be in Pennsylvania, with regular travel.
- Provide written and oral advocacy in furtherance of NRDC’s electric sector carbon standard, utility reform, clean energy and energy efficiency priorities at the legislature and regulatory proceedings before the environmental agencies and public utilities commissions in Pennsylvania
- Develop state-level support to push for federal regulations on carbon emissions from the electric sector
- Conduct legal and policy research and analysis to develop and support positions
- Coordinate and represent NRDC in coalitions on specific issue-areas; there will be a specific focus on electric utility outreach and work with trade associations in relation to EPA carbon standards for the electric sector; and finally a need to respond to media requests and develop advocacy material to spread NRDC’s message
- Law Degree or Masters Degree in relevant field
- At least 5 years work experience in energy or environmental field
- Experience working with state regulators and utilities
- Project management experience
- Willingness to travel (could be periods when on the road 50% of the time)
- Fluency in written and spoken English and strong writing and oral presentation skills
- We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment
- Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience
Please refer where you see this posting.
NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.