Education, Work Experience and/or Licensure:
Juris Doctorate required.
Admitted to practice before the bar of any State or the District of Columbia required.
2-5 years of previous legal experience preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform complex legal research and analysis in the areas of environmental, administrative, corporate and nonprofit law.
- Draft, with limited assistance, legal memoranda, presentations, committee minutes, white papers, media releases and comments to proposed regulatory actions.
- Assist General Counsel and Assistant General Counsel with corporate governance.
- Monitor and analyze administrative, corporate and environmental regulatory requirements and assist General Counsel and Assistant General Counsel in planning and implementing strategies to ensure continued legal and regulatory compliance.
- Plan for and participate in meetings and assist in providing legal counsel and committee support to the Board of Directors, Strategic Oversight Council and various issue management teams.
- Support CLA staff in the development of research and public policy presentations.