• Advise the company’s US food businesses on a variety of legal issues relating to the marketing and sale of food products (e.g., review of marketing, advertising and promotional materials, product packaging and labeling, claims substantiation, sweepstakes and contests, social media).
• Advise on and manage network advertising clearance and NAD, CARU and FTC advertising policies and proceedings.
• Advise on sales, distribution and antitrust issues (e.g., Robinson-Patman, trade programs, category management, terms of sale).
• Draft contracts, documents, and correspondence relating to the above.
• Participate as legal representative on cross-functional teams.
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of the company’s businesses and business practices; engage in a participative and proactive style of legal practice in order to best serve internal clients.
• Work as a team member with other attorneys and legal resources advising the US businesses.
• Undertake additional responsibilities as determined from time to time by the company.
• Travel as required to represent the interests of General Mills.