Friday, February 7, 2014
Business & Market Director - Global Growers Network (Atlanta, GA)
Global Growers Business & Market Director
Applications due February 14th, 2014
Full-Time Position, starting March 1, 2014
About Global Growers:
Global Growers Network is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that connects international farmers who now live in Georgia to agriculture, by growing good food, training farmers, and creating economic opportunities. We work primarily with metro-Atlanta's refugee community, made up of people who have been forced to flee their home countries due to war, genocide and persecution. Many were farmers back home. We currently work with about 250 families representing 15 culture groups from around the world. They grow fresh and culturally appropriate foods to feed their families and communities, to earn supplemental income, and to prepare for careers as independent farmers. We offer land and agricultural support to develop hands-on production skills relevant to farming in the Southeast United States. Our Farm School features training in agricultural production, business and marketing, and food safety. Our approach is very collaborative and partnerships with local organizations are key to our success.
· Manage sales, communications, operations, budgeting and accounting for:
o Crop Production, including: direct markets; multi-farmer, 120 person CSA; and restaurants
o Value-Added products (food products and baskets), including product development
o Vermiculture products
o Meat goat sales
· Duties include:
o Managing produce sales operations, including growing contracts, sourcing, aggregation, packaging, distribution and customer relationships.
o Managing communications and marketing strategy for markets, non-profit promotion, and fundraising, including website, social media and PR
o Managing related community partnerships
o Generating budget and accounting reports weekly, monthly and quarterly.
o Providing guidance and instruction through farmer training program regarding market activities
· Supervisory responsibilities include overseeing the work of business/marketing interns, apprentices, and volunteers.
· Minimum two years' experience with direct sales farmers markets, CSA coordination and/or fresh produce sales, as well as development and implementation of marketing strategies
· One year of experience in book keeping, accounting, financial reporting using QuickBooks or comparable software.
· Proven skills in website management, social media management and newsletter development.
· Fluency in written and spoken English.
· Ability to lift at least 30 lbs. as regular part of job duties.
· Valid Drivers license, clean driving record, access to reliable transportation to multiple farm sites.
· Preferred: experience working with multi-farm CSAs and producer networks; working with diverse, Limited English Speaking communities; fluency in written and spoken English and one other language (Burmese, Nepali, Arabic)
This is a full-time position with an annual salary range of $28,000 - $31,000. To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Susan Pavlin at email@example.com by February 14th.