US DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTUREhttp://www.usda.gov/
Job Type: NON-LEGAL POSITIONS
Schedule Type: Full Time
- Develops, for dissemination through print and broadcast media, information concerning the mission, programs and accomplishments of USDA Rural Development in Montana.
- Prepares and disseminates news releases and feature articles to the media, ensuring dissemination to minority media.
- Briefs news media representatives on the agency's programs and activities and their impact on various public and private activities.
- Interviews and confers with managers, supervisors, employees, and borrowers to obtain information for use in news releases, articles, and meetings with media.
- Prepares responses to inquiries from the general public, public officials, and special interest groups concerning policies and programs
- Writes articles and speeches for the State Director for both intermal and external use.
- Coordinates agency's marketing strategy/activities with public relations events, news releases and conference attendance.
- You must be a US Citizen or US National;
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with the Selective Service;
- Background Investigation is required;
- Successful completion of a one year probationary period.
- The category rating procedure is used to rank and select eligible candidates. Under category rating, applicants who meet basic minimum qualification requirements established for the position and whose job related competencies have been assessed are ranked by being placed in one of the following categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, and Qualified. Preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category.
- You will be evaluated based on your qualifications for this position as evidenced by the education, experience, and training you described in your application package, as well as the responses to the Occupational Questionnaire to determine the degree to which you possess the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies listed below:
- Public Affairs principles and practices
- Interpersonal Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
To view the application form, visit: https://rhs.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=ebe2cf48-38a4-475d-bca5-a2c300e26289
The following instructions outline our application process.
- You must complete this application process and submit all required documents electronically by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement.
- We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday). If you cannot apply on-line, call the number listed under Agency Contact Information prior to the closing date to request a hard copy of the complete application package. Application packages will be sent to applicant. The completed package along with any required supporting documents must be received in the HR Office by the closing date of the announcement. No extension will be granted.
- This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.
- Resume that includes the following information: 1) job information for which you are applying; 2) personal information; 3) education; 4) work experience must including beginning and ending dates (mm/yy) of employment, work schedule and hours worked per week as well as title, series, and grade if applicable ; 5) supervisors phone number and e-mail address for each work period listed and whether or not we may contact them for reference checks; and, 6) other qualifications.
- College Transcripts if education is required for meeting basic qualifications and/or you are substituting education for specialized experience and/or if you are using education to meet the criteria for the quality category. An unofficial copy is sufficient with the application; however, if selected, an official college transcript will be required prior to entering on duty.
- DD-214 (Member 4 Copy) if claiming Veterans’ Preference. Veterans claiming 10 point preference must also submit an SF-15 Application for 10-point Veteran Preference and VA letter. Veterans who have not yet been released from active duty must provide documentation from the armed forces that certifies they will be released from active duty under honorable conditions within 120 days after the date of the documented certification.
- Other required documents may include:
- CTAP/ICTAP Required Documentation Reduction-In-Force: Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; AND most recent performance evaluation; AND SF-50 demonstrating your separation or the position you will be separated from.
- Worker's Compensation Separation: Agency certification of inability to place employee AND Notification of Separation OR Separation SF-50.
- Disability Annuity Termination: Notification from OPM of disability annuity termination AND Separation SF-50 of the last position held. Military Reserve or National Guard Technician Special Disability Retirement Annuity under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456: Certification of special disability retirement annuity from a military department or National Guard Bureau AND Separation SF-50 of the last position held.
USDA Rural Development
Please Read Entire Announcement
St. Louis, MO,