Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Food System Coordinator - Mariposa Community Health Center (Nogales, AZ)
Mariposa Community Health Center in Nogales, Arizona is looking for a Food System Coordinator to serve as the lead project coordinator for Cosechando Bienestar (Harvesting Wellbeing) -- a local food system development initiative aimed at renewing food traditions in Santa Cruz County for better health for everyone.
This position oversees local food system development activities pertaining to gardening capacity building, farmer’s market development and management, and associated promotion of local healthy food availability and consumption. This position will work closely with contract partners, other community-based organizations and regional networks.
1. Fulfill activities outlined in grants and contracts that promote local food system development.
2. Work with contract partners to ensure their fulfillment of their scopes of work.
3. Develop and manage a Food Policy Council for Santa Cruz County.
4. Represent Mariposa Community Health Center as a member of networks that address local food systems.
5. Conduct outreach about services and activities.
6. Develop and deliver community education.
7. Provide training and TA for Garden Leaders.
8. Work with MCH Manager and other staff to collect information for reports, evaluation or program development (grant writing).
9. Prepare program reports in compliance with grants and contract requirements.
10. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with community organizations and the general public.
11. Communicate effectively with fellow MCHC Health and Wellness staff to enhance service integration.
12. Participate in professional development opportunities.
13. Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of the aspects of food production and distribution, such as gardening, farming and marketing.
2. Working knowledge of public health, social work or community development.
3. Experience with gardening or food production.
4. Comfortable in a leadership role.
5. Comfortable with public speaking and group facilitation.
6. Ability to design and deliver adult education.
7. Ability to function well with limited supervision.
8. Ability to use mature judgment in decision making.
9. Ability to organize effectively and meet deadlines.
10. Ability to travel throughout the county, with occasional overnight travel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Bachelor’s degree in heath, agriculture, social service or related field preferred.
2. A minimum of three years’ experience in community program administration required.
3. Professional level fluency in written and spoken English required.
4. Bilingual fluency in English/Spanish preferred.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Prolonged sitting, some bending, walking, stooping and stretching.
2. Normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
3. Lift up to 30 lbs.
This job description reflects management’s expectations of the essential functions of this position. It is not intended to be comprehensive of the duties performed and does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To Apply send an email with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com