Monday, November 24, 2014
Rabo AgriFinance: Associate Attorney
Rabo AgriFinance is backed by Rabobank, a Dutch-headquartered global financial services leader that
ranks as one of the world’s largest global banks and the highest rated privately owned bank in the world,
with over $800 billion in assets and operations in 40 countries. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century
ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and
the local communities where we do business.
Rabo AgriFinance's focus in the United States compliments Rabobank's commitment to financing
agriculture; from the farmers and ranchers who grow crops and livestock, to the processors and
manufacturers who turn raw commodities into value-added products, to the distributors and retailers who
deliver food and material to the end consumer.
We're equally dedicated to our employees and continue to invest in them by developing legitimate plans
for on-going growth, creating a culture of accountability, providing outstanding benefits, and offering clear
and achievable career paths.
Associate General Counsel:
Consistent with the Rabobank International Global Legal Framework, and the Global Framework, Roles
and Responsibilities, Rabobank Legal, this position is responsible to the General Counsel for provision of
legal services to the company including the supervision of various legal issues resulting from the
conducting of business with Lender clients and borrower customers, including the general corporate legal
support and documentation of credit transactions, securitization of collateral, etc.. This position provides
strategic and proactive leadership on legal and regulatory issues affecting the business and will
participate in the definition of corporate policies, procedures and programs and provides continuing
counsel and guidance on legal matter and legal implications of all matters. Provides legal support to all
departments including Information Technology, Human Resources, Special Asset Management
Department and the company’s Crop Insurance departments and providing legal support relating to the
extension of short and long term agricultural credit and agricultural real estate credit to customers. As a
member of the Legal Department, and reporting directly to the General Counsel, participates in advising
senior management and the Board of Directors on all legal matters and participates in the Corporate
Secretary function and ensuring legal risk is managed in accordance with the company’s risk appetite and
Participates in supporting and interacting with the BSA/AML and Compliance Function of Rabo
Agrifinance, Inc. (“RAF”) to:
• Implement all applicable U.S. and Dutch banking, insurance, Farm Credit or other applicable laws
• Provide support, advice and appropriate training to staff concerning regulatory requirements.
• Monitor compliance with applicable U.S. and Dutch laws and regulations and keep track of any
• Manage all regulatory examination of the operations of the company and behalf of its clients by the
FRB, OCC, FDIC, Dutch National Bank and other applicable entities.
• Monitor and implement compliance with contractual obligations of RAF to its Lender clients and
• As a member of the Senior Management Team, assists in setting and monitoring the future direction
of the company.
• Provide guidance related to Company’s operations and lines of business including corporate
governance and oversight of the operations and business of RAF, including without limitation,
extension of credit, issues related to securitization of collateral, loan documentation, litigation, UCC,
HR, licensing, etc. Consistent with the Rabobank International Global External Counsel Policy,
oversee the activities of outside counsel involving matters of litigation, negotiation and other
functions. Provide counsel and direction to management on the legal aspects of the business of the
company. Participate in the resolution of disputes; negotiate and draft corporate agreement, leases,
settlement agreements; review procedures to ensure adequacy. Analyze and recommend any
needed changes or resources required for all departments, and analyze and recommend any needed
changes or resources required for the Legal Department to effectively manage the legal needs of
RAF; assist in providing training and informational support on legal issues that directly affect
personnel involved in all aspects of the company including operations more than half the U.S. States,
credit approvals, collection decisions and company BSA/AML and regulatory compliance
requirements including global compliance statutes; prepare and maintain litigation summaries and
assist in preparing communications related to legal issues for company’s lenders, Board of Directors
and stockholders; participate in management decisions concerning various administrative aspects of
• Provide legal support to the various departments of RAF. Participate in various activities and projects
as necessary to enable the company to achieve its goals. Provide counsel on corporate matters as
directed by General Counsel.
• Perform all other duties assigned by General Counsel.
• Must be familiar with and comply with laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures that are
applicable to required job duties.
• Responsible for assisting in arranging for, and managing corporate records and keeping minutes at
Board of Directors meetings for RAF and its subsidiaries, and maintaining corporate governance
records and legal corporate governance in general including reporting to Rabobank International.
• Understands and complies with all RAF and Rabobank anti-money laundering, compliance, and other
• Education: Law Degree
• Qualifications: Hold license to practice law in the state where located (Missouri) if licensed in
another state ready and able to become licensed in Missouri.
• 10 -20 years practicing law.
• Experience in representation associated with banking and/or regulated commercial lender; provided
counsel with regard to and/or managed litigation, settlements and/or workouts on behalf of banks or
regulated commercial lender(s) such as suppliers, financial institutions or similar entities that involved
aspects of documentation and general law; experience in Uniform Commercial Code work;
• General agricultural awareness on a national or at least regional basis is desired but not required.
And interest in learning about agriculture and agricultural lending is required.
• Knowledge and experience in BSA/AML and regulatory compliance matters. Knowledge of European
Banking compliance issues also desired, but not required.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes
matching 401k, a recruitment bonus program, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, life
insurance, vision-care plan, paid sick time, tuition reimbursement, and paid vacations.
*Rabo AgriFinance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment contingent upon successful
completion of background investigation. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract
and search initiated by Rabo AgriFinance. No phone calls please. If you are interested in this position
please send your resume to HR@raboag.com .