This position is located in the Healthy Foods, Healthy Lives Institute, a university-wide institute administered by the College of Food, Agricultural, and Natural Resource Sciences. The current staff consists of a part-time director and full-time assistant director. The major goal of the HFHL Institute is to utilize and help build the strengths of the University of Minnesota in the area of food and health to advance scientific and public knowledge and influence public policy. The Institute administers a series of grant programs, an annual symposium, a number of networking events, and numerous other programs. The Program Coordinator will be located in the Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition and will assist in the management of programs of the Institute including grant processes, communications, event planning, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) and one year of related work experience.
- Experience preparing, editing and formatting written communication.
- Experience developing promotional or marketing materials.
- Website editing and maintenance and publication software experience; experience with grant programming from a program grantee or funding agency perspective;
- Experience managing budgets.
- Strong demonstrated organizational and management skills.
- Experience using the following applications: MS Office; Excel database management.
- Experience organizing and managing events such as workshops, conferences and meetings including negotiating facility rental, ordering food, and contracting with speakers.
- Demonstrated ability working with diverse populations and interdisciplinary teams
- Knowledge of issues related to food systems and health; knowledge of research methodology
- Accuracy and attention to detail and efficient and timely performance of tasks; ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to initiate improvements to operations and administrative processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.