The Child Nutrition Division within the Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) has several challenging and rewarding full-time Program Analyst positions for individuals that seek to serve Americans through food program activities. The mission of the Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) is to increase food security and reduce hunger in partnership with cooperating organizations by providing children and low-income people with access to food, a healthy diet, and nutrition education in a manner that supports American agriculture and inspires public confidence. If you are looking to apply your knowledge and skills to food program activities that seek to strengthen America, this is an exciting career opportunity for you!
Position: The United States Department of Agriculture FNS invites applications for Program Analyst positions (GS 9-13) at their Alexandria, Virginia office. FNS offers alternative and flexible work schedules and generous comprehensive benefits.
Responsibilities: The following is a list of duties for these positions:
· Develop legislative proposals, regulations, handbooks, FNS instructions, and guidance material for the administration of child nutrition programs;
· Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis of child nutrition program issues;
· Develop and recommend national policies and procedures for the administration of child nutrition programs;
· Support the establishment of priorities for operation of the child nutrition programs;
· Develop policy and procedures relative to the allocation and use of program resources;
· Work with FNS regional offices to address technical assistance needs of State agencies and program operators;
· Research and respond to inquiries from Congress, business, States and the general public relative to child nutrition program policy and operations; and
· As required, represent the Division or Agency as a speaker or panel member at conferences and meetings.
Qualifications: Experience varies with grade level. This position requires demonstrated experience conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis and utilizing the results to develop laws, regulations, guidelines, and/or procedures within Child Nutrition Programs or similar Federal health, education or social services programs. The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. Please check http://www.usajobs.gov for further details on education and experience.
How to Apply: Please click on the following link to learn how to apply - http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/307987600. You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) Monday, Feb 27, 2012.
Information about the Nutrition Assistance Programs offered by FNS is available at http://www.fns.usda.gov/fns.