Hours: Full Time, 40 hours per week
Pay: $16-$18 per hour
Location: Good Shepherd Center, 4649 Sunnyside Avenue N #305 , Seattle, WA 98103
Application deadline: 5pm PST Friday, February 24, 2012
The Program Assistant provides general administrative and program support to the organization.
The Program Assistant will:
- pick up, process and distribute mail; receive and record payments and donations: prepare and make bank deposits; create, track and follow up on invoices; respond to telephone, email and written inquiries; prepare mailings; send receipts and thank you notes; perform errands.
- maintain organizational contact database (Filemaker Pro); regularly track and transfer website updates to central database; oversee memberships; send renewals and welcome packets; prepare membership reports and communicate with members via phone and email.
- manage registration for all educational events (postal, online and in person); track and ensure required submissions and payments; communicate with attendees about registration details; oversee registration at the annual conference (November 8-11, 2012).
- manage the Tilth Producers list serve; format and upload content to the Tilth Producers website; monitor and analyze usage of website and list serve; create online surveys and oversee website advertising.
- maintain the organization’s print and electronic records; maintain inventory of office supplies; monitor USPS bulk mail account and fees; maintain Tilth Producers merchandise inventory; obtain quotes and place orders; keep a current media contact list; maintain an indexed electronic library archive.
- coordinate logistics for events; assist with fundraising activities; coordinate Tilth Producers tabling and tabling volunteers; represent Tilth Producers at events; coordinate required submissions such as photos, biographies, workshop descriptions, driving directions or electronic display ads.
- create posters, brochures and signage; prepare forms, documents, reports and mailing lists; write letters, list serve messages, website content and press releases.
Education: High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
Experience: Three years of progressively responsible administrative experience
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to prioritize, organize and handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Reliability, accuracy and ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated project management success
- Excellent communication skills, including written and telephone
- Excellent computer skills, preferably Word, Excel, Constant Contact, In Design, Filemaker , WordPress
- Desktop publishing and graphic design experience
- Experience working with teams to accomplish goals
- Valid driver’s license and car
- Ability to lift and carry 20 pounds
- Familiarity with Northwest organic and sustainable agricultural communities and issues preferred
- Spanish language skills a plus
Application Deadline: 5:00pm PST on Friday, February 24, 2012
Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Only electronic applications will be accepted.