The Regional Food System Coordinator is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to CAFF’s Regional Food Systems program but will also have the opportunity to develop and take on his/her own projects. The Coordinator reports to the Regional Food Systems Program Director.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Program Coordination (50%):
- Recruit new Buy Fresh Buy Local chapters
- Support Buy Fresh Buy Local chapters and members
- Support CA Farm to School Taskforce program needs
- Develop infrastructure for communications and tracking of Farm to School partners across state
- Develop and administer the CA FoodCorps program with LifeLab
- Supervise FoodCorps Fellow
- Support development of monthly newsletter content
- Write articles and press releases about the regional program work for media, AgAdvocate, etc.
- Support RFS staff in creating marketing materials for their programs
- Support all regional offices in ensuring they have resources to do their work
- Support all regional office moves, openings, and closings
- Support administrative needs in Oakland office
- Coordinate monthly RFS paperwork collection and mailings
- Manage data collection and funder reports
- Write grants as needed
- Participate in program and strategic planning
- At least 2 years of experience in non-profit organizations
- Previous program coordination and/or office management experience
- A minimum of one year experience in grant writing and reporting
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Background in agriculture and/or local food
- Social media experience
- Position located in CAFF's Oakland, CA office
- Currently funded at 0.50 FTE.
- Health benefits are not provided.
- FTE and responsibilities may grow as funding is secured.
- Start Date: by March 15, 2013
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and 1 – 2 page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject: RFS Coordinator. The position closes on February 22, 2013.
CAFF’s policy is that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation.