We are seeking a seasoned professional to join the staff. This critical position will assist in all facets of CFBAI program management and development, will have primary responsibility for conducting and overseeing the independent monitoring that we conduct to assess whether participants are complying with their pledge obligations, and will represent the VP for CFBAI as necessary.
- Policy development and strategic planning
- Interacting with high level representatives of the CFBAI participants
- Conducting advertising reviews and analyzing audience composition data
- Analyzing complex data regarding product formulations, nutritional standards, and advertising compliance issues
- Writing complex, but plain English, reports and fact sheets for public distribution
- Handling media relations
- Doing public speaking
- Monitoring domestic and international policy and regulatory developments regarding media and childhood obesity
- Engaging in liaison work with regulators, congressional officials and NGOs
QualificationsThe successful candidate will have knowledge of the food industry, food law and policy issues, including a JD or RD with at least five years of experience dealing with national food advertisers regarding food and nutrition policy issues and policy experience dealing with marketing to children or comparable experience in a similar industry. In addition, he or she will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, be a strategic thinker, be able to set priorities and meet deadlines, and be able to take initiative and complete projects with minimal supervision. Experience dealing with opinion leaders and engaging in public speaking and media relations is highly desirable.
Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc.
3033 Wilson Blvd., Ste. 600
Arlington, VA 22201
Application Deadline: 02/22/2013