The Corporate Counsel, Regulatory Law, under general supervision, provides legal advice and policy guidance to the Corporation directly and through the use of outside counsel. To be considered for this opportunity, please complete an online profile at www.monsanto.com/careers and search under requisition number: 00G5P or under the job title of: Corporate Counsel, Regulatory Law.
This role requires the successful candidate to diligently keep abreast of the laws and regulations applicable to Monsanto†s products to ensure company compliance. The Corporate Counsel will research and respond actively, both orally and in writing, to a caseload of internal and external regulatory queries. The Corporate Counsel will advocate legal, regulatory, sustainability, and policy initiatives that promote the company's interests and advance innovative and workable solutions to complex agricultural law problems. Proper performance of this role calls for the utmost integrity and accountability.
Examples of the specific work include:
- Compliance with the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act, and the Plant Protection Act as they apply to the company†s pesticide, agricultural biotechnology, and vegetable products
- Legal and policy coherence and compliance with the use of company products (or crops produced from such) in the overall agri-food chain
- Application of the National Environmental Policy Act and Endangered Species Act to regulatory actions affecting the company†s products.
- Regulatory support for contracts, licensing and due diligence
- Product StewardshipWork experience in any of the above mentioned areas is highly desired; however, Monsanto will provide training and exposure in those areas, as needed. As a member of the law department, Corporate Counsel, Regulatory Law, will provide support to a diverse global client group. Other matters and special projects may be assigned from time to time. Responsibilities:
- Provide supervised support to Regulatory Affairs and Government Affairs organizations (federal and state)
- Perform regulatory reviews of contracts, labels and advertising for compliance
- Work with applicable government/regulatory agencies in an expeditious manner
- Assess and advise on current and emerging legislative/regulatory/policy initiatives in areas of responsibility
- Participate and represent the company in industry groups
- Manage outside counsel to ensure high quality, cost-effective legal support and representation
- Demonstrate professionalism, integrity, accountability, and trustworthiness in all areas.
• Juris Doctor degree • Minimum of six years experience in a government, regulatory, corporate legal department, or law firm environment • Demonstrated academic and professional excellence • Member of at least one state bar Required Competencies: • Strong communication and interpersonal skills • Demonstrated good judgment • Rapid information assimilation ability • Track record of advancing strategies to completion • Demonstrable record of innovative and workable solutions to complex legal problems and enablement of commercial objectives • Personal and professional growth orientation • Agility with change management and prioritization skills • Team orientation Preferred Background: • Regulatory compliance – FDA, EPA, USDA, and international counterparts • Administrative regulatory law – FFDCA, FIFRA, FQPA, PPA • Strategy and policy development and implementation • Industry association engagement • Advertising review • Agricultural/environmental education and/or experience
Application details available through the ABA at: http://jobs.americanbar.org/jobs/5248344?utm_source=BoxwoodIndeed&utm_medium=Indeed&utm_campaign=Boxwood%2BIndeed%2BFeed