HUMAN RIGHTS ATTORNEY
FAIR FOOD STANDARDS COUNCILwww.fairfoodstandards.org
Job Type: ATTORNEY
Schedule Type: Full Time
About the PositionAttorneys make findings of fact and apply the Fair Food Code of Conduct to those facts, draft comprehensive reports, negotiate corrective action plans; carry out complaint intake, investigation and resolution through negotiation or formal decision drafting; conduct legal research; prepare memoranda of law on issues affecting farmworker rights; and make presentations to staff and director, as well as the public.
- Fluency in Spanish or Haitian Creole;
- Strong communication and interviewing skills;
- Strong writing and documentation skills, including attention to detail;
- Ability to connect facts and discern patterns;
- Ability to interact well with people of different nationalities, gender, and education levels;
- Comfort working in rural areas, including onsite at farms (outdoors);
- Willingness to work irregular hours and “do what is necessary”;
- Ability to work well as part of a team, as well as independently;
- Discipline and initiative; and
- Valid drivers’ license.