FOOD INTEGRITY CAMPAIGN COUNSEL
Application Deadline: 04/15/2015
GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTABILITY PROJECTwww.whistleblower.org
Job Type: ATTORNEY
Schedule Type: Full Time
- You want to hold government and corporations accountable. Reporting crimes should not be a crime.
- You want to support whistleblowers, and improve whistleblower protections to enable more truth-tellers to come forward safely, and help them to speak out through the use of strategic litigation.
- You want to be responsible for taking on cases and building a docket.
- You want to work with an inspiring team of dedicated lawyers and advocates on a wide range of food issues.
- You have an interest in food related issues and a desire to improve the current system.
- Meet with potential clients. This includes national travel.
- Establish and maintain weekly contact with sources who provide information about ongoing food integrity issues
- Research and track federal and state legislation affecting public and environmental health, worker’s rights, and animal welfare
- Organize discovery documents, interrogatories and other discovery materials
- Prepare and file legal documents.
- Consult regularly with program staff
- Minimum 3 years litigation experience. Employment law and jury trial experience are a plus.
- Must be licensed to practice in the District of Columbia or eligible for admission soon after hire.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a team.
- Facility with drafting and/or editing memoranda, briefs, and other legal documents.
- Familiarity with Freedom of Information Act
- Comfortable working with diverse groups of individuals from a variety of different backgrounds.
1612 K St. NW
Washington, DC 21211