Application Deadline: 06/12/2014
CALIFORNIA RURAL LEGAL ASSISTANCEhttp://www.crla.org/
Job Type: LAW RELATED POSITIONS
Schedule Type: Full Time
- Provides legal service to low income farmworker clients and client groups including advice, negotiation, litigation and administrative advocacy in accordance with program priorities and case handling policies.
- Reviews and supervises the work product of Community Workers and Clerical support staff relating to all clients being advised or represented by him/her.
- Undertakes significant statewide impact activity, including institutional and group litigation or community economic development beneficial to the low income community.
- Develops leadership in working with community, client and other advocacy groups related to statewide impact issues.
- Works to develop specialized knowledge in a substantive area of poverty law and act as a resource for other staff through participation in at least one CRLA task force.
- Coordinates advocacy in substantive areas through collaboration with other human services providers, non-profit organizations and community, client or other advocacy groups.
- Participates in CRLA training programs, local office case review or staff meetings or other CRLA activities as required.
- Provides community education to farmworkers regarding legal rights and prepares materials relating to these presentations.
- Works with members of the private bar as necessary in accordance with CRLA Private Bar Involvement.
- Maintains contemporaneous time records in the CRLA case handling system.
- Maintains a good working relationship with all members of the office staff.
- Utilizes basic capabilities of word processing program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Admitted to practice law before the court of any state.
- Admitted to practice law in the State of California or willingness to take the next California Bar Exam.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with low income farmworker clients; three years experience working with the low income farmworker community strongly preferred.
- Spanish fluency and fluency in indigenous language strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Good people skills and the ability to maintain positive relations with a diverse population.
Oxnard, CA 953030