Sr. Contracts Specialist
- Create and continuously improve a Customer-focused contract submission / review process and communicate to the appropriate business teams.
- Provide ongoing training/education on process
- Develop an in depth knowledge of key terms from a legal and business perspective when negotiating customer agreements in all Business Unit
- Understand and navigate nuances/differing risk tolerances between customers and Business Units to help shape where/how legal provides support
- Navigate customer-specific documents/templates efficiently with business purpose in mind
- Identify areas for new or further process creation/improvement and template construction (Continuous Improvement
- Work with lawyers in the Legal Department to coordinate review of contracts by responsible in-house business counsel and/or outside counsel, as necessary
- Analyze contracts and develop practical summaries of contractual requirements for internal business awareness and compliance purposes
- Manage/direct workload of contract paralegal(s), as needed/required in coordination with applicable in-house counsel
- Interact with attorney and non-attorney staff at customers for certain discussions/negotiations
- Communicate regularly on the status of contracts with lawyers in the Legal Department and directly with business contacts
- Provide training to internal clients on legal contract process, procedures and templates
- Responsible for the maintenance and administration of the Company’s computerized contract management systems
- Conduct research as needed and create and maintain required files
- Interface with outside counsel and internal business clients as directed by lawyers in the Legal Department
- Ability to interact at a professional level with in-house counsel and business partners in order to establish effective business relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Highly developed organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize/re-prioritize multiple matters and manage multiple deadlines to provide timely advice, assistance and recommendations
- Self-motivated with excellent planning, problem solving, decision making, assessment and analytical skills. Requires minimal direction to meet goals and objectives
- Demonstrates sound judgment based on principles of law and Company policy, and is able to make recommendations that are aligned with the business and internal or external customer and managers
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in a paralegal position in a law firm or corporate law-related function highly desirable/preferred.
- Prior experience handling contract-related matters, including involvement in the development and/or negotiation of Customer-related contracts, highly desirable/preferred.
- Proficiency in the following software: Word, Power Point, Excel, MS Outlook.
- Must be able to handle confidential information and data requiring the highest degree of attention to preserve confidentiality.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Purchasing, Database, Recent Graduate, Finance, Technology, Entry Level