This blog is an employment resource for professionals seeking jobs in the emerging field of agricultural and food law. It emphasizes non-traditional employment opportunities instead of legal practice opportunities.
The LL.M. Program in Agricultural & Food Law at the University of Arkansas School of Law is pleased to offer this service. These posts are for informational purposes only; we do not make any representations regarding the employment offered.
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
ConAgra Foods: Sr. Food Labeling Specialist- Naperville, IL
Build your career at ConAgra Foods. At ConAgra Foods, we make great food — everyday food — in extraordinary ways, which is why we’re creating meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest. Whether you’re a recent graduate or an experienced professional, ConAgra Foods provides extraordinary job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, fast-paced workplace.
Leads the process of reviewing, updating and approving corporate labeling designs. Works across functions and communicates on matters relating to product labeling and compliance. Participates in addressing regulatory issues pertaining to food labeling that arise across the company. Minimum 5 years related experience. Position reports into Manager of Food Labeling. This position could be located in Naperville, St Louis or Omaha.
· Provides food labeling expertise and collaborates with Government Affairs, Legal, Regulatory Affairs, Nutrition, Marketing, Sales, Quality Assurance,
Food Safety, Purchasing, plants and others to leverage regulations and give ConAgra Foods a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
· Provides regulatory guidance and answers compliance-related questions regarding new and reformulated product concepts.
· Identifies and provides resolution to strategic and tactical regulatory issues pertaining to food labeling.
· Communicates cross functionally and provides training regarding current and emerging food labeling issues and opportunities and related impact on
products and product technology.
· Assists Manager of Food Labeling in developing regulatory strategies that enable corporate growth and profitability, and establishing ConAgra Foods
as a respected leader in the external regulatory environment.
· Maintains in depth state-of-the-art knowledge of FDA and USDA regulations and policies.
· Manage, mentor and coach junior labeling staff as required.
· Minimum BS in Food Science, Nutrition or related field or equivalent years of experience and training. MS preferred
· Minimum of 5 years of food industry labeling experience preferred, preferably 7 – 9 years
· Advanced knowledge of FDA and USDA regulations and requirements
· Ability to research regulatory issues and lead/influence resolution
· Ability to be persuasive, assertive while also being collaborative
· Proactive and goal oriented in driving business growth
· Demonstrated initiative and creativity
· Excellent report writing skills
· Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills (written and verbal)
· Good knowledge of food product development and processes
· Ability to work in a matrix organization
· Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products required
· Working knowledge of SAP-PLM desired.
· Excellent relationships skills
· Detail oriented and highly self motivated
ConAgra Foods, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.