For more information, visit: http://jobview.monster.com/Environmental-Policy-Analyst-Attorney-Job-Golden-CO-US-102964211.aspx
Tetra Tech is a rapidly growing multidisciplinary engineering and environmental consulting firm consistently ranked number 1 in Water Services by Engineering News Record (ENR). We hire the best minds in the industry and give them the opportunity to grow within their field and collaborate with our team of highly experienced water resource professionals.
Tetra Tech is seeking an Environmental Policy Analyst or Environmental Attorney for their Golden, CO office to provide technical support to a broad range of environmental projects. The individual will assist with planning and coordinating project activities and will be responsible for conducting detailed regulatory and policy analysis, primarily focused on National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) regulations and programs, and particularly programs regulating concentrated animal feeding operations (CAFOs).
This position supports a broad range of environmental and natural resource development projects throughout Tetra Tech and requires a team player with ability to work with scientists and engineers. H/she will be responsible for leveraging technical experience to support projects involving policy analysis and implementation and developing practical recommendations to resolve complex problems; may also support other program areas including NPDES permit development, policy analysis for other NPDES program areas, and total maximum daily load (TMDL) reports and implementation.
- 1 to 2 yrs experience supporting NPDES regulatory development and implementation and policy analysis for CAFOs (water, air, solid waste, etc.) + B.S. in public administration, environmental policy, law or economics with previous experience in environmental science or related natural sciences preferred; Advanced degree such as JD or MS with experience related to CAFO a plus;
- Knowledge of USDA and NRCS programs for livestock operations, nutrient management planning, and Chesapeake Bay environmental protection are a plus;
- Previous experience working with federal agency headquarters-level program offices on projects providing technical leadership and policy support under federal and state regulatory programs;
- Excellent client relations, writing, and communication skills required;
- Occasional travel may be required.