Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Expand and engage the RISE grassroots network in partnership with the RISE communications, membership and regulatory leads.
- Liaise, provide counsel, and establish and maintain relationships with government policy-makers, state legislators, allies, customers, grassroots, and associations essential to the achievement of RISE objectives.
- Develop grassroots response plans for addressing anti-industry activities in local areas.
- Build, support and nurture strong and effective local partnerships, alliances and coalitions.
- Work closely with local leaders to execute agreed upon plans.
- Works effectively with CropLife America state legislative affairs staff on broader industry issues of concern to both associations.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with RISE colleagues and members on status of relevant public policy initiatives and obtain feedback.
- Recommend positions and strategies for RISE to effectively address issues at the state and local levels.
- Monitor, review and analyze all relevant legislative and regulatory initiatives originating at the state and local levels, including the identification of critical and emerging policy issues, to determine potential impacts on the specialty pesticides industry and communicate opportunities, threats and results to RISE staff, appropriate committees and/or board and allied groups.
- Join and actively participate in state legislative and regulatory organizations.
- Organize industry activities and participate in ALEC, NCSL, CSG, RGA, DGA and similar organizations' events to build relationships with policy makers and utilize the forums to advance our legislative and regulatory agendas.
- Prepare effective and well-written advocacy materials including background papers, issue briefs, talking points, amendments, correspondence, and testimony for use by representatives and allied organizations.
- Serve as an industry spokesperson at working groups, trade shows, association meetings, member functions and appropriate meetings of state and local government agencies.
- Direct and support RISE state contract lobbyists by providing direction and support in addressing legislative and regulatory issues.
- Provide weekly content for association’s newsletter and other communications efforts.
- Build and maintain a database on state regulatory codes, registration fee schedules, stewardship programs, pre-emption laws, and key legislative and regulatory session and action dates.
- Contribute actively to RISE team and association activities.