Buy Fresh Buy Local Coordinator
Community Alliance with Family Farmers
Location: Gilroy office, CA – South Bay region
Compensation: Competitive salary offered. Medical, dental, and vision benefits offered. The position is currently available at 1.0 FTE.
- Ability to oversee the broad campaign and manage the detailed aspects of the program.
- Lead extensive outreach efforts, including cold calling, door to door outreach, tabling at events, and more.
- Provide consulting and marketing services to farmer and business members.
- Develop and manage Buy Fresh Buy Local consumer education & media efforts.
- Consult with food buyers to identify local purchasing opportunities & potential marketing strategies.
- Coordinate new member outreach and existing member relations
- Conduct outreach to and consult with our local farming community with regard to restaurant and institutional scale sales opportunities
- Respond to public inquiries regarding Buy Fresh Buy Local Santa Clara Valley
- Plans & implement marketing outreach and events to highlight farmer-chef relationships
- Outreach to local restaurants, institutions, tech companies, distributors, and grocery stores to be a part of the Buy Fresh Buy Local campaign and to be listed in Local Food Guide
- Coordinate content generation for the regional Local Food Guide
- Support editorial process and copywriting of Local Food Guide
- Oversee graphic design consultants.
- Recruit and manage volunteers & interns to work on Local Food Guide research and other program activities.
- Create and maintain marketing and communications materials, including sales packets, fact sheets, brochures, fliers, and press releases.
- Manage the program’s online communications and outreach, including social networking and monthly e-newsletter.
- Maintain meticulous records and manage program tracking; collect & document purchasing data from partners.
- Monitor program budget.
- Write quarterly reports for funders.
- Coordinate invoices with vendors as necessary.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office, InDesign and iWorks a plus
- Marketing background a plus
- Experience with social media
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Confidence in public speaking
- Working knowledge of the restaurant and food service industry
- Working knowledge of the principles of sustainable agriculture and local food system development
- Skillful in establishing and maintaining professional relationship and networks
- Ability to organize work, track progress, and maintain productivity with indirect supervision
- Ability to work with diverse teams
- Ability to multitask with careful attention to detail
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will be open through .