New Roots Program Coordinator
|Location:||US - AZ -Phoenix|
|Employee Category:||Full Time|
See the original job post here.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Through the New Roots Farm Program IRC provides refugees who are currently in or seeking to start an agricultural business with opportunities for business and production training, one-on-one business technical assistance, and assistance with access to capital. The Program Coordinator is primarily responsible for program recruitment, coordination of direct service provisions, and tracking outcomes. The Program Coordinator also assists with program development. This position reports to the Sr. Program Manager, Program Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
I. RECRUITMENT OF PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS:
II. SERVICE PROVISION:
Other related duties as required
· Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy, Economics, Finance, Business, Agricultural Sciences, Agricultural Business, Development, Agricultural Economics or related field preferred
· Two-three years related professional work experience
· Demonstrated understanding of business development; experience in cooperative business and running CSAs strongly recommended
· Experience with Quickbooks, CSAware, Mailchimp and Microsoft Access & Excel
· Strong organizational skills including: multi-tasking, prioritizing, planning, and effective time management
· Fluency in written and spoken English, with bi-lingual ability preferred
· Demonstrated multi-cultural experience and ability to communicate with limited-English speakers
· Valid driver’s license, active insurance policy, and access to reliable transportation. Ability to drive a 15 passenger van.
· Ability to work outside of traditional office hours. Work hours vary because of service provision, flexible schedule, but some Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings at market.
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.