Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Collaborative Development Consultant - Farm to Institution New England
COLLABORATIVE DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT
Farm to Institution New England (FINE) is a six-state collaboration working to strengthen our regional food system by increasing the demand for and use of New England food by New England institutions such as schools, hospitals, colleges, government and corporations. FINE has strong roots in the National Farm to School Network and we are actively forging connections with many other organizations, agencies, businesses and funders with similar goals. FINE partners are working to conduct research, run pilot projects and convene learning communities related to critical elements of the regional food supply chain, including production, processing, distribution and food service operations.
FINE seeks a consultant to build the development capacity of FINE and enhance the development capacity of partner organizations in the region. The consultant will work with the FINE Coordinator and Leadership Team to map out FINE development goals over the next 3 years, identify potential funding structures and sources, and lead development efforts. The consultant will help FINE think creatively about development of the collaborative beyond fundraising—to strengthen relationships and to create synergy and trust among partners.
● Create 3-year fundraising plan for FINE based on the emerging strategic plan that may include grants, membership, sponsorships, and partner models to sustain regional collaboration.
● Participate in FINE strategic planning process (through March 2014).
● Coordinate, support, and participate in FINE’s Development Work Group, which involves the fiscal sponsor, program leads, and FINE coordinator.
● Coordinate the full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage grant proposals and grant reports to foundation, public, individual, and corporate funding sources.
● Research, evaluate and document funding prospects, develop and maintain a prospect database that includes a calendar of proposal submission timelines.
● Develop and maintain a database of potential projects to fund, ranking them local, state, or regional.
● Act as a mentor and information ambassador for FINE partners as they look to fund their project goals.
● Coordinate regional fundraising collaboration among FINE partners and provide fundraising information and connections for state level partners.
● Excellent interpersonal & written communication skills
● Effective fundraising experience, including relationship with key funders in New England.
● High product quality standards
● Competency with database and spreadsheet software
● Passion for the work of Farm to Institution New England
● Flexible, enthusiastic and resourceful
● Have good sense of humor and ability to work independently and collaboratively
● Ability and interest to work in multi-level state and regional network where there is distributed leadership and a transparent collaborative environment
● FINE Collaborative Development consultant will work as an independent contractor for approximately one year, with potential extensions.
● Compensation rate based on experience. There is $10,000 of secured funding through July 2013. The FINE Development Workgroup will pursue funding for ongoing development work.
● Submit cover letter and resume to kaitlin@farmtoinstitution.
org by . Please include “FINE Development / Your Name” in the subject line.